Saddle up for a day of cowboy fun during the 55th Annual Ranch Day at the National Ranching Heritage Center!
Join us on Saturday, April 20, 2024 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for an immersive experience of ranching history, skills and science. The Ranch will come alive with real cowboys, livestock and activities centered around ranch life, offering a hands-on experience for visitors of all ages.
What to Expect:
- Meet cattle, sheep and horses
- Learn how to brand and ear tag
- Participate in a stick horse rodeo
- Learn shooting and archery with Cabela’s Outpost
- Watch horse demonstrations from the professionals
- Discover native plants, insects and wildlife
- Experience historic ranching practices among many other activities!
Free admission, $5 donation appreciated.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase with cash or card throughout the day.
Children will have the opportunity to become a “Ranch Hand” by completing six activities (two Ranch History, one Ranch Science, one Ranch Skill, and two other activities of choice). Once completed, they will take work cards to the Matador Office to get “paid” and can spend their hard-earned wages on prizes at the Waggoner Commissary.
Scheduled Programs – TBA
Ranch Day is made possible by the Helen Jones Foundation, Inc. and The CH Foundation.